Monday, February 27, 2012

this room

it's a easy monday morning
so i decided to open up my curtain and let the sunshine in
im looking around my bedroom
it has always seemed to change but yet it has always stayed the same
this room once used to house two sisters who fought for space
life happened
and it all became mine, all mine
i was on top of the planet, man
it's kind of sad though
to think i will have to leave it soon, too
life happens right?
if i look up toward my ceiling i can still see where
glow in the dark stick- em stars used to hang over us at night
they never seemed to cure my fear of the dark
but they were stars and that was enough
and this paneling has seen better days too
when i was a 7 year old koolaid faced kid it was
a huge chalk board i held make believe school in
..those were the days..
mama would get so mad and send me in my room
with a soapy washcloth
i can still see very faint numbers and letters if i squint just right
there isn't anything hanging on these walls anymore
but once a time ago, teen bop magazine threw up every
backstreet boy, nsync, britney and the hansons poster they ever made
my sister used to have a fascination with aliens for whatever reason too
i always thought her generation was a bit strange
yet i always wanted to be just like her
i wanted to ride the boulevard..
..flip my hair out on the ends
bleach my hair blonde..
..drive a black firebird
listen to all the songs she listened to..
now when i hear sugar ray come on the radio singing that song
it takes me back to those days
i will miss these days too
..but..
i will leave it behind just as my sister did
box by box
this room will always stay with me



No comments: