Tuesday, April 3, 2012

looking back


the last time my daddy heard me sing
i was eighteen years old
i gave it up that year
i guess it was after my voice lessons with
country music singer debra allen
i realized i just didn't want it
she taught me a few things i have to admit
but it seemed like all she was worried about
was my physical appearance
so
i gave it up
and i probably gave up alot more than i realize now

last night i sang for him
i've been working on something special for our wedding
and it is really coming together well
i could tell he was proud to see me alive again
see, when a singer puts down her microphone
she kind of dies
musically speaking
i feel like i have harmonically died
but when i pick that microphone back up
im alive again
music isn't all about talent
music brings forth confidence and personality
i used to light up a room when i sang in a crowded room
people would stop dead in their tracks
it's a feeling that is just undescribable
and i do miss those days


but i've still got it!





No comments: