Wednesday, January 11, 2012

goodnight moon


my fingers seem to keep tap dancing
on this keyboard
they are as lost for letters as i am words

im just not feeling very clever tonight
 i feel peaceful
without thought
its quiet

sometimes it feels good
just to soak in the silence of the night

theres a steady humming coming from my ceiling fan
it's gently sprinkling dust particles
all over my room
while i lay here curled up
in my favorite cheetah blanket
allowing it

im alive and well though

i really need to dust that ceiling fan
tomorrow, that is

i just got off the phone with garrett
it's so nice to hear his sweet voice right before
closing my eyes for the night
usually im in a deep sleep when he calls
and i miss him
that has to be aggravating for him
this electric mattress pad could possibly be the culprit of the matter
but theres no way it is leaving the equation
it's much too nice
it must stay

goodnight moon







No comments: