Sunday, January 15, 2012

you are my moon


tonight i will rest my curtain away to the side
  i want to see a glimpse of the you lying beside me
im like a child, with you; there is no need to hide
my eyes rest easily below my brows, because with you i see the light

i need you while i put away my eyes
you see, you light up my sky
im like a child here in the night
say you will be my nightlight tonight; you never fail to share your light

i imagine you watch me as i sleep
& the night sky holds you like a mother would her baby
im like a child, with you; there is no need to weep
my eyes rest easily below my brows, because you are lying beside me

we will meet the cat who plays the fiddle
and sing hey diddle diddle
& we will catch the dish with the spoon
because you are my moon










No comments: