Thursday, March 22, 2012

busy bride i am


im really starting to enjoy all of the decision making
that comes with being a bride
i have finally loosened up a bit and decided these little moments will
all be over soon
so i am enjoying myself
today i met my lovely hairstylist at one o' clock
to play with a hairstyle i had picked out
and it looked great
it's fun and flirty
yet elegant
theres something about topping the hairstyle off
with the veil that makes the world stop turning for a moment

is this real??
am i really getting married??
why yes, yes you are home girl!

after the hair appointment it was off to the bridal shop
to have the dress pinned for alterations
as i was getting undressed i realized my mother was still in the dressing room with me
"well mama, i guess this is a good time to show you my tattoo?"
like i could have covered it up, right?
yikes
she took it better than expected
she will be fine

i was expecting my seamstress to be
 a well kept to do mid 40's lady with blonde hair
and long groomed fingernails
or maybe even an oriental out spoken lady whose voice would echo terror
..but to my suprise it was a little old lady
with freckles ontop her ears and her short gray hair twisted and pinned in
a somewhat mini french twist
sweet and gentle as could be
her hands were bandaged im guessing from all the alterations she has had lately
she stood to what it seemed to my hips
and she carried a goody bag full of sewing supplies, needles, tags, and
i could not help but notice a spool of pink thread lying next to a pair of scissors
this lady was prepared for any fashion disaster!
it didn't take long before she had me all pinned and ready to go
before we left she mentioned that she had graduated with my paw-paw
and left us with a sweet
"it's good to know you"
as her way of saying goodbye
she must have told us that twice
i usually don't get attached to people i first meet
but there was something about that old lady that made me want to
jump in her goody bag and insist she tell me her life story over a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies
do you ever have moments like that?
maybe she reminded me of my grandmother
& maybe my hormones are just getting the best of me here lately
but i really enjoyed today for some reason

i need to cry to a movie now
: )





No comments: