Thursday, March 1, 2012

rain would fall as diamonds from the sky

in my rock in roll world
rain would fall as diamonds from the sky upon the tom-tom tree tops
the silver sequin sun would gleam upon my face for the love of rock
my eiffel tower would be made of star crossed studs of leather
while the glimmering clouds hang over me light as a feather
i would walk the highway of spikes in the night
and kick out every other light
i would climb the stairway to heaven with zep
while the beatles sing while my guitar gently weeps
my heart would beat to the sound of the bass
crystal tears of rockabilia will fall down my face
in the sound of that electric tune that i love
my fingers would curl around each silver string
there in the black and gray silence i would sing
the colors of the world would run past my lips in awe
there the legends of the times would stand in applaud
in my rock and roll world



No comments: