Monday, August 29, 2011

sunday funday?

twoday has definitely felt as long as it sounds! not that im complaining at all, it was perfect in every way. my alarm clock decided to wake me up with Hells Bells, and i thought "wow, what a great song to wake up to", and it normally would be an awesome jam to kick start the morning.. but wait its sunday a.m...should i pray?!" im sure God has a great sense of humor if He is anything like me.. which He has to be, because He created me in His own image. super dooper.




so i went to church with garrett today. the sermon was lovely of course and i like his preacher, he's so nice. while we were standing up praying, i noticed my body is very off balanced when my eyes are closed, isn't that weird? i just sway back and forth, it probably looks like im being hypnotized or i have some kind of rhythmic movement disorder. or maybe it was my heels, im not too sure on that one. i wonder if anyone else has that problem.. maybe its mental. maybe i should Google it? garrett is so sweet when he sings in his manly man voice, he doesn't know it but im listening.

anyway..

after church, we ate lunch at foxes pizza. i've always thought that their pizza has tasted kind of strange, good pizza.. but strange. i figured out why it tastes so strange though, and the reason being.. it taste like it has a hint of beer. im not a bad person, i have tried beer and im not a beer drinker but that pizza tastes like beer. garrett didn't think so. pretty sure he thinks my taste buds are mentally challenged. ah well..

sundays are not complete without a sunday nap. oh, its necessary. so that is just what we did.

sundays also are not complete without a little excitement! here we go.. brayden had been trying to wake me up from my nap multiple times, "sunt cowie, wake up! its time to wake up, come outside and throw this ball and let me hit it!" "brayden, its too hot, aunt cowie is sooo tired" im really not a bad aunt!




after that didn't work for him, i guess the poor lil' guy got bored and decided to throw the ball at the sink , which eventually ended up..down the sink! How do you explain to a 5 year old, a sink does not work the same as a basket ball hoop!?
my ears are flopping Aunt Cowie?





so next thing i hear is my door slam wide open WHAM! FEET STOMPING..and brayden screaming "aunt cowie, my ball my ball! how am i gonna get it out, my ball!" it is really the end of the world now! is this my punishment for waking up to such a song? maybe God didn't have a sense of humor this morning?
what the world, i thought!? this kid is going to send me into a panic attack.. so off to the sink i go, and what do i find? his ball in the sink pipes. "brayden, go get me a fork!" I thought ah that will take him at least ten minutes to find a fork, i'll just go watch tv while i wait. so i head back to the sink to take another look, and brayden has pushed the ball even further down the pipe! what the world!? brayden is screaming and sobbing "it didn't work aunt cowie!" never leave a kid unattended with silverware i guess.

i gave up at this point. may the stinkin' ball rest in peace.

why didn't i just go play ball with him? i have learned my lesson sweet Jesus, thank you for that.

Mans Best Friend






ain't nothing sexier than watching a man change his oil! me and tobey watched garrett change his oil in his truck earlier.. tobey is getting so big now. i remember the day i brought him to garrett for his birthday, i was so worried he wouldn't want another dog since his last dog got ran over. garrett loves him, and he loves garrett! so, so precious to me.

No comments: