Tuesday, November 1, 2011

it's dope

please i can explain! that is, for my lack of posting lately. but i do have a fairly good excuse and that is: my computer hates me. it is so true, see it has these "spaz-out" moments every now and then where the screen goes totally black due to being abused with pledge furniture polish once upon a time ago. who could have done that you ask? oh, just my little nephew. he really was in truth only trying to help his aunt cowie out though at the time. i could never be mad at that little koolaid covered angel face. so.. im back but not in black! look at me spitting out ac/dc jokes! chessy so cheesy. maybe i should omit that.. nah! so this is for you shell bell, my faithful reader!


halloween was so much dopier than i planned! and i overuse that word. anyway, it was! i dressed jovi in her witch outfit and i was... amy winehouse. yes, of course i was! i think i did pretty good with it myself, see what you think.



and fyi, i was in no way making fun of amy winehouse. i actually love(d) her music, she had a lot of problems, but in the music world you have to look past those problems. she was an amazing singer, and her voice was a gift to this world that will never be forgotten. it was so unique in itself, full of bluesy raspy sound that would just enchant you. sure, many people in this world have a nice voice, but to have an electrifying sound like hers, it is hard to come by. it's like janis or joan man, the beatles, the stones, zeppelin or tyler.. oh i could on and on..




and im rambling..


but back to it, by the end of the night my costume took a turn for the worse. i guess i got bored with my amy look so i decided i would spruce it up a bit by adding my aunts pastel printed reading glasses, a brown sequin headband and some billy bob teeth to top it off. and again, i wasn't making fun of amy, God rest her soul, so maybe she won't haunt me for it. and here it is, check it out.


a couple of days ago i was going to post a picture of my nirvana inspired scarecrow, but well you know what happened. so here it is too.


1 comment:

shellbell said...

Love it mah dahling!