Monday, December 12, 2011

embrace the face



i have to tell you
i thought twice upon my decision in participating in this
FTLOB linky party
"embrace the face"
only because it is hard to share with the world
of all my insecurities that i keep quietly well hidden to myself
but
honestly
i have to "face" it
 because
it is who i am
and i shouldn't hide my flaws from the world
instead i should do the total opposite
that is to embrace them
because they are what make me,
well.. me
so with that said
i am going to embrace my face
and i hope that i inspire you to do the same
not only today
but each and every day you look into the mirror warhead facing you
because we are all beautifully uniquely made

i believe we were all individually molded carefully in a special way
by the hands of
God
He is the greatest artist of all
He painted his canvas well
and spent each minute worth while creating each masterpiece
making sure it was to
the best of his ability
..every detail..
..every line..
so who are we to question his great work?

i honestly don't have any horror stories from grade school
that would implement reasons to my "beauty scars" that i bestow upon myself
although i have always been my worst enemy in that aspect of life
and i think we all are
don't you think?

i use my hair as a veil to hide my ears because to me
they have always been like that of dumbo
but in truth
my ears are beautiful
garrett tells me so
he even moves my hair behind my ears when he gets the chance
i have trained my smile to hide my upper laterals because to me
they protrude although others would say i have the most beautiful smile they have ever seen
and in truth
they are right
my smile could run a mile and my laugh lines embrace the race

there is nothing wrong with my big toe
i ridicule it often
but it isn't so bad
each freckle on my nose are the salt and pepper seasonings
that sprinkle beauty upon my canvas
and how many people can say
they have two freckles on their neck
that resemble a perfect snake bite?
God knew that i would someday share his love for the stars
so He blessed me with the little dipper freckles
below my chest
to which i often connect the dots to and treat
as my own personal
 constellation of outer beauty
my eyes are the perfect shade of blue
for me
because they are the same blue interwined with strides of gold
of that like my daddys
they are a keepsake that i will always have
and i will always see him through them as well
my nose shares the same curvature as my mothers
but it also ends with the same roundness tip of the nose as my daddys

this is me
yet there is so much more to me than my face
my beauty lies within
it is in my heart
it is true that i am a poet at heart
my strong will
my sweet spirit
my careful thoughts that i like to share with the world
my wonder
it is in fact
my true beauty
" beauty lies within"







4 comments:

Kristen Victoria said...

Callie, this is SO beautiful and sincere! I love your writing, it's really something. I love how you talked about how your features resemble your mom and dad's. Basically I love everything about this post :) You're beautiful!

callie said...

thank you, kristen! i loved your post as well! thanks for reading it means so much!

Blogs said...

this my friend, was just breath takingly beautiful! i love poems but most importantly that you gave this post your best written words to express the true meaning behind our embrace the face challenge! each day is a gift and each day, we are more beautiful...keeeeep shining doll:) thanks for joining, so happy u did! xoxo

callie said...

thanks vic :)