Saturday, December 24, 2011

i want to leave a legacy


its 1:08 a.m.
& after not too much thought, i have decided i don't want to close my eyes just yet
..i just want to write..

when i write i feel like i am on a little island all to itself in my mind away from the beat-bopping world
just for a little while
its where i can sit down and breathe out my silly somethings
my inner thoughts become wispy winding words that lead to my ultimate desire

its my beautiful escape
not that i am running from anyone or anything
everyone needs their me time
this is my me time i guess
others may venture into reading that book they neglect so often
the book that sits atop the shelf collecting dust
i love books myself but i also love writing my own story

im getting older everyday
and im starting to realize how precious life is
so i like to write as much as i can

i want to leave a legacy
so that way the world will remember me
a gate way to my heart
a place where the people i love can feel each emotion i uncover through each word i write
 my heart being the "x" on the map
although my heart isn't hidden
its too grand in size to hide even behind the tallest mountain
its hereditary
dating back straight from my paw paw's heart
its true
when my heart loves it gives it all
my heart would run a marathon for the one i love
i can't help but love
it is what i was born to do
give with love

my heart doesn't desire to win the noble peace prize
or win a gold metal to represent my accomplishments in life
i just want to be remembered
smiled upon when seen throughout the world
and looked back on often

tie my ribbon around your heart like you would your finger
that way you can remember to think of me
often






No comments: