Wednesday, December 14, 2011

recipe for disaster

(this is for you shelly boo)
you did indeed ask for it!

as you can see there is no pretty picture like that in cookbooks
you will understand why
..just keep reading..

note to self: it is best to not attempt make believe recipes
even if there is nothing else to eat
it is true that it is best to starve in such situations
and if you do, at least make sure the foods that you choose are in the same food groups

go buy yourself a happy meal and be done with it
that's my philosophy now
..kidding..

as you probably already guessed
i made my own recipe for disaster the other night
the bad thing is:
i knew it was going to end badly but i did it anyway
i want you all to know that i really put my whole heart into it
thats all that really matters right?

so i decided to share my recipe for disaster
note: do NOT try this at home!

listen up kids, this be the bible of the blues

ramen noodle pot pie

ingredients:
2 pkgs chicken ramen noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 hefty can of mixed vegetables
1 can doughboy flakey biscuits
( i can't think of doughboys name)
help me out here

prep time:
im not sure what that even means?
we will omit that part
don't judge me!

..next..

instructions maybe?:
pick a large flat baking pan of yours truly
spray it with pam that is what i did anyway
cook 2 pkgs of ramen noodles to the best of your ability
(its not so hard even i can do it)
regard the chicken seasoning packet though
(trust me, its a bad idea)
spread cooked noodles evenly throughout baking pan
pour 1 cream of chicken soup over noodles throughly
now add that hefty can of veggies
its looking better right?
pour remaining can of cream of chicken soup evenly over veggies
(its called layering homes)
pop open that can of doughboy deliciousness
cut each individual biscuit into four equal parts
now place fours atop all over your lovely dish
(the idea is to cover up as much as you possibly can)
it is what's inside that truly matters?
not so much in this situation
set oven to 350 degrees
place your unlikely masterpiece into oven
wait to see the results

the moral to this story:
i don't foresee myself having my own cooking show in the near future
i will always go by a legit recipe for now on
and
my gift wrapping skills suck almost as bad as my cooking
and im honestly not sure if garrett will marry me after this cooking episode
at least im pretty






1 comment:

Shelly Boo! said...

Haha you made my night!! Oh and doughboys name thingy is "Pillsbury"! Haha I jus lurve reading what the way you write!!!