Thursday, December 8, 2011

come what may and love it


im getting older

and the thought of it instantly sends realization chills raging through my veins
the same veins that have grown along with me every day of my life
 each branching into new directions
somewhat like my life has over the past twenty-one years

they say as you get older
the years seem to pass by quicker than you can blink your eye
i never thought i would say the same

but i am

i can think back to when i was a little girl
it comes as snapshots to my mind
there i am twirling in my sisters poodle skirt that swallowed my tiny body in the front yard
the wind making the moment seem magical

singing along with patty loveless to "i try to think about elvis" 
she was the spark that began my love for music
i didn't know it then but i was taking my first baby steps toward performing
on that old wooden deck of ours filled with our countless cats we seemed to inherit
 from the neighborhood
the woods and those cats being my audience
mom and dad would sneak peaks from the french doors overlooking me

music was destined to be with me
its funny how things change
like the woods
the old wooden deck

me

i have experienced everything a girl should have experienced so far in life
from being the silly freckled faced five year old
to the heart broken sixteen year old
friends have been made
and sadly have been lost

high school seems so long ago already
i remember thinking to myself on that last day of school
"where am i going now?"
and the funny thing is
im still asking myself the same question

where am i going now?

as i look in the mirror
i can still see myself singing and dancing on that stage of mine
i see the same eyes that cried for reason when the first guy broke my heart



but i also see a girl who has become her own

a girl who overcome everything she thought she wouldn't so far
and even though she thought she lost her heart back then
she never did
she never lost it
she saved it for someone who never knew he was waiting for it
someone who would take care of it

so i gave him my heart

 where ever im going
im going
im on my way
day by day
i don't know what will come
but i know that i am the happiest that i have ever been in this moment that im living right now
& i know there will be trials
there will be days when i think i can't handle the things that come my way
i will see both rain and shine

come what may
i will love it















2 comments:

ShellBell! said...

This is by far my most fav post!!....for now! I have a feelin imma LOVE the next one!!!

ShellBell said...

This is by far my most fav post!!....for now! I have a feelin imma LOVE the next one!!!