Thursday, September 15, 2011

a jewelry store is my candy store!

there it is, right down the corner on that familiar street and i can already feel the heat radiating from the shiney glass countertops reminding me how much i adore that place. i open the door and im speechless. i see sparkles that reflect stars in my eyes all around the room and im instantly in a whole other world- a jewelry store.




i love, love, love jewelry stores! they are one of my favorite guilty pleasures in life, and the bonus is, they are calorie free! sometimes when im out and about shopping, i walk into these little jewelry stores, just drooling over the counters, except i don't really drool. : )


btw i love this movie!


jewelry stores make me happy. if im ever having a bad day, i take a drive to the jewelry store. perks me up right away! and the good thing is you don't have to have any money to look! its called window shopping, or in this case "look but don't touch" shopping, because you sure don't wanna break anything in this store. because you don't want to have to buy it unwillingly, especially if you can't afford it!


and let me remind you that it is a jewelry store, not a jewelry shop!


so let me clarify because there is a  big big, big difference between a jewelry shop and a jewelry store. so listen up, this be the bible of the blues, as steven tyler says.. in other words, i'll explain.


a jewelry shop is like a fancy bubble gum ring machine. it has a lot of pretty things, but they are cheap made and only last so many wears. a jewelry store on the other hand, is legit. fine jewelry that lasts forever, for better words timeless.. diamonds, pearls, rubys, sapphires.


i love the feeling i get when im in a jewelry store. it is truly a little piece of heaven here on earth, to me! i go to one little jewelry store in particular so much, they practically know my name, and show me anything that is new that has came in, they don't mind at all. 


and while we are on the subject of jewelry stores, it reminds me..


me and kalyn, who is one of my best friends (and if you mess with her i will cut you), were shopping around in jackson oneday and we decided to walk into a kay jewelers store. before we walked into the store, we had a plan. one of us was going to be engaged. well "one of us" was me!


so we're walking around looking into the glass counters, stopping to look at only the biggest of the biggest rocks we could find, since my fiance' is a doctor. and we are sure to express that point aloud.


" i suppose i can pick any ring i chose since he told me there is no budget" we would say aloud to get the women working theres full attention. and it worked to, because they came practically running right where we were with brochures galore!


they were very helpful indeed in showing me only the finest rocks ever. the lady even got my ring size, which was a 5 i think.. i can't remember.


"yes, that fits perfect lady!"


but we never took into consideration the fact that they would want to know the name of my fiance' to keep in their records! oh shit. we just stood there flabbergasted, while the lady was waiting to hear his name looking at each other going uh, uh, uh.. and i can't even remember the name we chose, but i was like i can't put garretts name on that list, he would think i was a complete nut!


then she wanted to know his phone number, where she could reach him. oh shit. uh, uh, uh... so i threw out all kinds of numbers out of my head. it probaly wasn't even a phone number from around here, which was good, go me!


we were laughing so hard after we left the store, we had to go in another one! but we couldn't keep a straight face in this jewelry store, and the people that ran it were complete jerks anyway.


we had so much fun that day, i think those two jewelry stores made our day, and it was all for a good laugh! : )

No comments: