Monday, September 26, 2011

mine all mine

i hate that i have been such a weekend pooper for garrett due to redrum, but he is such a champ about it. and he always knows just what to do to make me feel better like, taking me out for hot wings. see, hot wings is our thing and he loves that about me because most girls can't handle them, but i can! i can kick some hot wing azz!
we cooked these hot wings together


so back to it, i have pretty much been subjected to bed all day with these killer cramps, and i don't mean to be a whiner but i feel like ca ca pooey!


and i wasn't intending on writting about my cramps so much, i swear i have a moral to this story.. 


garrett called me earlier to check on me, and he offered to go buy me some extra strength midol. is it silly of me to think at that moment, how much i love him for that? im so thankful for those little moments because it reminds me how much i truly love him, not that i have to be reminded at all. i know exactly how much i love him.


he is so good to me in so many ways.. i don't even think i can write them all down because there are so many, i could only try.


he wants to know exactly what i think about this and that, he cares about how i feel and that is something i have always needed. and he knows when im feeling uneasy about something, i don't even have to say a word. i don't always tell how i feel about things, it's one of my weaknesses i suppose & it is something i need to work on, but he knows me so well even so.


like just the other day we were looking at a house together. it was gorgeous, he loved everything about it and so i did i. and it's a big deal when we agree on a house, because im kind of picky, but i would live anywhere with him, honestly. i would live in a card board box with no question about it. and it seems like something only a complete nut case would say, but when you love someone, it doesn't seem so crazy at all. anyway, there wasn't a thing wrong with it, except it was way too big once we took a look inside and it was pretty far from town not to mention. there was so much space, and i thought to myself, how in the world could we furnish this whole house, and how many kids would we have to produce to fill up all of the bedrooms!? it overwhelmed me, even scared the shet out of me and he knew it. 


& he doesn't know it, but i pay close attention to how well he plays with my little 5 year old nephew, brayden. when he's getting shot by his toy shotgun dying 10+ times and rolling down towards the floor to his pretend death, or showing brayden how to build the best tower from building blocks. brayden eats it up with a spoon! and he talks about garrett all the time. so from what i can see, he's going to be a great daddy someday. & i never got the opportunity to meet garretts daddy, but i can imagine he is a big part of who garrett is today.
he wanted to run into walmart one night, and of course i was in heels and i had to pee so bad i was holding my breath, i couldn't hold it any longer. so he decided he would walk with me to the bathroom, then watch me walk back to his truck which was pretty far down in the parking lot. he could have easily tossed me the keys and went on his merry way, like any other guy would, but instead he watched me walk all the way back to his truck. he wouldn't let anything happen to me, i feel safe with him.

















natchez nite




or when our friends don't want to have anything to do with us sometimes, he says things like it's okay you have me and i have you babe, that enough friends for me..
he changes out my break pads
even when they are really,
really
bad.


he spoils me, and i spoil him back by letting him lay his head in my lap while i give him a head scratch.    


 there are so many little moments while we're together that i can't help but feel i could spend the rest of my life doing those things with him, and never growing tired of it. it warms my heart and brings me back to one of our first dates sitting on a parkbench in natchez conversating for the first time. that was the best date ever, i could have sat on that park bench with him all night. & i could write a book if i keep going, but i won't because some memories are mine all mine. : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very warming to hear this. It's been a long time since I've met my significant other. We've been married for nearly 11 years and have been together for nearly 20 years. Cherish those moments my dear...hold them in for a rainy day!

Btw, found you on FTLOB Critique Me!

Tag, you're it!

I have 2 blogs...take a look at both.

callie said...

thank you so much for stopping by k. marie, it warms my heart to hear how long you have been with your significant other, & i hope i will be able to say those words someday as well!

im going to check out your blogs right now! : )

Anonymous said...

Totally love this post.. I feel the same way about my husband.

We have been married 9 years.. Theres ups theres downs but through it all i adore him.

Hopping over from FTLOB

callie said...

how adorable, i love hearing that! thanks for stopping by! : )